Old May 15th 04, 12:21 AM
MPS

Default Question about SCSI setup on GA-8KNXP Ultra-64

I just finished putting together a new computer, but it won't boot!

Motherboard: GA-8KNXP Ultra-64 (Same As GA-8KNXP Ultra from what I can tell with
some upgrades)

CPU: P4 3.0GHz 800Mhz 478P/1MB with Hyper Threading

Memory: 1GB PC4000 HYPERX

Vedio Card: ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB 8X

SCSI HD drive: IBM 36GB 15000rpm U160 68 pin

also a IDE CD and a floppy drive

All this in a Thermaltake case with a 520 Watt PS.

HD already has windows XP installed and was the boot HD from my other computer
but it will not boot -- just restarts the computer when I try to boot from it.
If I use my windows XP Pro CD, machine starts to boot from CD but then gives a
error with Hard disk. This HD came out of my other computer and was running
fine with Windows XP. I am not sure if it may be a termination problem. The
SCSI cable that came with the MB has a terminator at the end of the cable which
I left in place, However the HD is not terminated, the HD ID is 0. I did not
want to terminate the HD until I asked someone that might have an idea what is
happening. Right now the HD is the only SCSI equipement in the computer. I did
go into SCSI setup and set it as a U160 SCSI device. I also disabled SATA in
the computer as I am not using it -- I also enabled it to see if that was the
problem but still did the same thing.

I wanted to keep the equipement in the computer at a minimum until I had it up
and running.

Thanks