Old July 21st 04, 11:18 PM
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

"JBM" writes:
I just checked on the German asus ftp site and this file was in the zipped
bios file. But it wasn't in the file I downloaded from the USA web site.
Asus needs to get their act together.

They really need to stuff some interlock code into their AFUDOS,
EZFLASH and UPDATE software. The versions below the critical version
needed to correctly burn a flash image could then refuse to run with
that flash image. Reserving 3 words in the flash image for the
minimum version numbers of each of the 3 programs and having their
burning software check these locations should do the trick.

The advantage to them is that this way the firmware is
self-documenting and they don't need to worry that some support guy
will screw up and cause 10,000 dead boards to show up for RMA.

-wolfgang
New toy: Voice over ip phone. Sounds much better than an analog phone.
http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/voip.html