Old July 21st 04, 10:24 PM
JBM

"Wolfgang S. Rupprecht"
.wsrcc.com wrote in
message ...

"JBM" writes:
Anyway I got a new BIOS chip from www.badflash.com they'll either
program your old chip or send you a new one.

Never got email back from them, but I did call their Fremont phone
number. They won't swap my flash for me at their Fremont location,
preferring instead to charge me $25 to fedex one from Kentucky.

What a racket.

Best line "We consider flashing an at-risk operation so it isn't
covered the same way a broken board is." Ahem. If their software
worked as advertised it wouldn't be such an "at-risk" operation. One
would only have to worry about power failures, which are pretty rare
around here.

-wolfgang
New toy: Voice over ip phone. Sounds much better than an analog phone.
http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/voip.html

I just checked on the German asus ftp site and this file was in the zipped
bios file. But it wasn't in the file I downloaded from the USA web site.
Asus needs to get their act together.

ACHTUNG:
Dieses BIOS darf NUR mit den folgenden Flashtoolversionen upgedated werden
(oder höhere Versionen) !
Keine älteren Versionen verwenden !

Warning:
This BIOS can only be flashed with the following flashtool versions (or
higher versions) !
Do NOT use older versions !

- ASUS LiveUpdate v5.28.01
- ASUS AFUDOS v2.07

Flashtools - ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/BIOS_FLASH_UTILS

AFUDOS usage: "afudos /ifilename /pc" (e.g "afudos /i1014.rom /pc")

Jim M