Old July 21st 04, 08:25 PM
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

"JBM" writes:
Anyway I got a new BIOS chip from www.badflash.com they'll either
program your old chip or send you a new one.

Never got email back from them, but I did call their Fremont phone
number. They won't swap my flash for me at their Fremont location,
preferring instead to charge me $25 to fedex one from Kentucky.

What a racket.

Best line "We consider flashing an at-risk operation so it isn't
covered the same way a broken board is." Ahem. If their software
worked as advertised it wouldn't be such an "at-risk" operation. One
would only have to worry about power failures, which are pretty rare
around here.

-wolfgang
New toy: Voice over ip phone. Sounds much better than an analog phone.
http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/voip.html