Old December 13th 10, 01:45 PM posted to comp.hardware
Mark F[_2_]

Default 5"1/4 floppy disk drive in modern computer

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:00:49 +0100, "Francois PIETTE"
wrote:

Hi !

I would like to connect a 5"1/4 disk drive to a modern computer.

I haven't tried it, but this may do the job: Catweasel MK4plus PCI:
http://www.vesalia.de/e_catweaselmk4plus.htm?slc=us

Stanford Library uses the above or maybe a slightly earlier version:
http://lib.stanford.edu/digitial-for...ive-controller
I tryed to
find an IDE interface for 5"1/4 disk drive but failed. Anyone having a
solution ? Please don't tell me to use an old computer and use RS232 to
transfer data, I really have the need to connect the 5"1/4 flopy disk drive
to my current computer.

Thanks for your help,