Old February 20th 04, 09:18 PM
CHANGE USERNAME TO westes

I installed server not Advanced Server. I thought Server went to four
processors and Advanced went to eight, but even if I had installed just W2K
Professional, I would still see at least two processors in Task Manager not
one, if I had multiprocessor enabled?

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

"John" wrote in message
. com...
Which version of windows did you install - server or 'Advanced' server? I
believe you'll need 'Advanced' server to support 4 processors. Since it
won't boot in safe mode, your best bet would probably be to do a parallel
install of win2k or contact Compaq support to walk you through the

recovery
console process to fix the HAL files that were changed when you tried to
select the multiprocessor option.