Old April 24th 04, 02:14 PM
RonK

Hey Mo,
Hit ctrl/alt/del and see what the cpu idle is at. Just had a thought that
there may be something using the cpu constantly. I had that problem with my
neighbours machine.
In XP the cpu idle should be showing 97 - 99%.

"Mo" wrote in message
. au...
Thanks for your inputs, they're appreciated. As an oldie I have problems
with the new tech stuff!

I have re-seated the heat sink with some paste that I had.. Aida shows the
CPU
temp is now 58/9C .. rising(?) .. M/board is 33C and Aux 34C..
Bios shows roughly the same readings... the room temp is now 22C. Machine
is
idling. I only use the machine for ICQ, email and occasional surfing.

Should I get another heat sink/fan? As I mentioned previously, I am using
the AMD supplied unit. I am now concerned.

"Ron" wrote in message
You should be able to see your cpu temp in bios to confirm your reading.

"Mo" wrote in message
. au...
Hi,

I had to replace my GA-7N400-L1, useless after a bios update, with a
GA-700N-L yesterday. I have an AMD 2600 CPU with supplied fan and heat
sink
on the machine.

I was browsing through the posts here for any info on this later m/board
and
read about CPU temps.. I checked the temps on this machine with EasyTune4
and Aida32... in each case the temp was shown as 69C. EasyTune was
flashing
warnings.

I could hold my finger in the heat sink of the CPU.. so after overnight
shutdown I checked the temp after bootup this morning. It was given as
63C.
The ambient was 22C.

Is there any way to determine what the actual temp of my CPU? I certainly
don't believe what is shown on the programs I've run.

TIA-

Mo