Old April 24th 04, 05:57 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

you need to reseat the HSF...

remove the heatsinkfan, and remove any schmootz thats already there. Clean
it well.
Re-apply a very thin layer of schmootz, and make sure that he HSF is
securely mounted.

Your temps should be in the high 30's, low 40's. 69 isnt dangerous, but it
is much higher than normal.

NuTs

"Mo" wrote in message
. au...
Hi,

I had to replace my GA-7N400-L1, useless after a bios update, with a
GA-700N-L yesterday. I have an AMD 2600 CPU with supplied fan and heat

sink
on the machine.

I was browsing through the posts here for any info on this later m/board

and
read about CPU temps.. I checked the temps on this machine with EasyTune4
and Aida32... in each case the temp was shown as 69C. EasyTune was

flashing
warnings.

I could hold my finger in the heat sink of the CPU.. so after overnight
shutdown I checked the temp after bootup this morning. It was given as

63C.
The ambient was 22C.

Is there any way to determine what the actual temp of my CPU? I certainly
don't believe what is shown on the programs I've run.

TIA-

Mo