Old February 19th 14, 06:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Default Brother HL-2240 low toner

KenK wrote:
This Brother HL-2240 is a fairly new laser printer and has just given me a
low-toner warning. In my old HP Laserjet III I could remove the cart and
rock it back and forth a few times and the cart would last a while longer.
Will this work in the Brother or do I have to change the cart? (I preferred
the good-old-days when one got a detailed manual with stuff.)

TIA

You may get a little more after a gentle rocking but not for long. After a
while one of two things will happen, either the printer will say toner out and
stop printing or you will start to get a gray tinge to the paper (due to the
toner 'carrier' sticking to the page).
In any event you should get a good yield from a new toner for this printer.
Tony