Old April 15th 08, 04:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

Default Disabling hardware acceleration

'Giovanni' wrote:
How to disable hardware acceleration of a Geoforce 8600M GT under Vista
Premium 32 bit?

_____

The drivers for my 8600M GT in a Vista Home Premium notebook automatically
choose one of three operating points, depending on demand - 2D only
(includes Aero operation), 3D low power, and 3D high power. The GPU and the
Memory Clock speeds change (and voltages may also change.) Hysterisis is
provided so that the setting does not bounce back and forth as requirements
change (i.e. a higher setting does not revert to a lower setting until
several seconds have passed.) I would guess that the power settings for
your notebook might lock out the 3D high power operation if you so chose.

If you really mean 'disable hardware acceleration', then to what end?
Disable hardware cursor? Go back to all the capability seen in the BIOS
boot up screen? Is this something you wish to do for trouble shooting (as
you could in earlier MS Windows Operating Systems?) I think you are seeking
an answer for which there is no question.

Phil Weldon

"GRL" wrote in message
How to disable hardware acceleration of a Geoforce 8600M GT under Vista
Premium 32 bit?
Thanks.
Giovanni