Old December 28th 06, 12:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
DaveW

Default Core 2 and IDE HD

You will most likely have to upgrade your motherboard to a current Core 2
Duo compatilbe design. (You did not say which motherboard you have.)
WHENEVER you change the motherboard that a harddrive with the OS on it has
been using, then you MUST reformat the harddrive and do a fresh install of
the OS. Otherwise you can look forward to ongoing Registry errors and data
corruption.

--
DaveW

----------------
"JakeC" wrote in message
Hi there!

I would like to upgrade my PC to a Intel Core 2. However, I've found so
far that I may have problems with hard drives that I'm using. Right now I
have two 200GB IDE HD, one CD-RW and one DVD-RW. If the motherboards for
Core 2 only have one IDE/PATA connector and a SATA connector, then what
options do I have to keep my two HDs, CD and DVD drives in the new PC?

I have never used SATA HD, and I would prefer not to re-install the OS and
other programs. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Jake