Old September 25th 03, 05:19 PM
SLP

Default Ebuyer Opinion

I started using Ebuyer a few months ago - ironically, I first checked them
out after reading all the complaints about them in this NG. My dozen or so
orders have all been delivered correctly and on time with no issues
whatsoever.

Yesterday, however, I had my first chance to find out what their notoriously
bad customer service was like. I'd ordered about six different items, mainly
cables, total £35. But one of the cables was missing (a crossover cable,
which typically was the one I needed most urgently). It was included on the
packing note, so it was definitely missing and not just arriving in a
different shipment - as Ebuyer's deliveries sometimes do.

Now, the cable was only actually worth £1, but I wanted to see just how
Ebuyer would handle it and if they would live up to their bad reputation. So
I raised an Enote yesterday afternoon and expected a long wait for a reply.

At 07:49 this morning I received the reply, apologising for the mistake and
informing that me a replacement cable was going to be sent out ASAP. I then
received an email at 13:00 saying that the cable had been dispatched.

So, is this an isolated case of good service (maybe because it was only a £1
cable) or have Ebuyer improved over the last few months?

SLP