Old September 20th 07, 08:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Default GeForce4 MX 420 how to connect 2 monitors?

DeanB wrote:
Hi all,

I have a GeForce4 MX 420 card. It has TV-out, but not two RGP ports.
How do I connect two regular monitors? I have dual mons at work but
the card has a digital and an rgb, so that's simple.

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Dean

A Matrox DualHead2Go can take one wide VGA image and
make two VGA signals with it. But for the price of this
thing, you could buy another graphics card instead.

http://www.widgetsinc.com/shop/product221.html

The compatibility page is here. Basically, the idea is,
you set the video card to 2560x1024 and the box converts
that to two 1280x1024 side-by-side images. There is a piece
of software you can download, to check if the video card can
do it or not.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/ca...patibility.php

While there are converter boxes that would convert S-video (TV-out)
to VGA, the quality would be too poor to make it worth while. You'd never
be able to read any text on that screen.

Another video card would solve the problem, either adding a PCI
card to the box, or simply getting a different AGP card with two
connectors of the proper type. (Don't forget to uninstall the video
driver, before powering down and replacing the AGP card.)

Paul