Old July 10th 03, 11:07 PM
Mike Mastro

Callsignviper is correct. Sorry about that. I thought I had a P/S
once where the 3-pin plus was actually powering the fan. It was an enermax
P/S if I recall correctly. Of course, perhaps that was just a sensor as
well. Sounds like your P/S/ is probably bad. I've had a bad P/S before,
but it didn't work at all.

Good luck,

Mike

"callsignviper" wrote in message
newsalPa.30082$ye4.20677@sccrnsc01...

"Mike Mastro" wrote in message
I've got three of these cases and in all of them the power supply fans

turn
on. One dumb question - you did plug in the small 3-prong plug into

the
motherboard which powers the P/S fans, right? If so, and they don't

ever
turn on, then either the P/S fans are bad or the fan lead from the
motherboard is bad (never seen that one).

Mike

That plug is ONLY a fan RPM monitor for one of the fans in the power

supply.
It does NOT supply power to the power supply's fans. The power supply's

fans
are powered internally via either plugs or the fan(s) wires are soldered
directly to the PCB in the power supply!!!!

BTW: Motherboard fan headers do go bad especially if a fan that draws more
current than that header is designed to supply is plugged into it! Many
Delta fans, for CPU heatsink use, come with a warning NOT to use the
motherboard fan header for just that reason.

callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions