Old December 20th 03, 08:52 AM
Peter Jenkins

Default Albatron 5900 and FS2004

I have pretty much decided that a 5900 ( non ) ultra videocard best suits my
needs. The Albatron 5900pv has shaped up as a good choice ( 3yr warranty,
good price point, quiet running). Given that I particularly want the card to
work well with FS2004, I am a little concerned at a review, using 45.23
drivers, in HardOCP (http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTExLDY) which
stated :

"We did encounter one bug which put a damper on us testing with AA enabled
on the Albatron FX5900. Apparently when we enabled AA from within the NVIDIA
driver control panel and then went back into the game the menu was blank
save for the 3d picture of the plane spinning around"

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with an Albatron 5900 ( the
128MB pv in particular ) ?
More to the point can any advise that they are successfully using one of
these Albatron 5900 cards and NOT experiencing the above problem with AA and
FS2004.

Any feedback ( including any general comments on Albatron cards ) would be
much appreciated