Old January 16th 05, 12:00 PM
cil

thx to all posters!

After trying all of the above suggestions, I finally ended up doing a clean
install and the card was detected correctly. . . cil

"Ben Pope" wrote in message
cil wrote:
Swapped out my old GeForce MMX440 with a new Gigabyte Radeon 9600XT,
powered on PC, new card was detected by XP, XP loaded default MS
Radeon drivers. So far, so good but when I tried to install ATI's
Catalyst 4.12 driver, the installation just stops, no error message,
nada. . . I got the card new off ebay, bulk card pack only, no install
cd's.
ATI's website said MS .net required so I installed that first. . .
Any ideas on where to go from here??

Don't use the CCC drive, just use the one with the "old" control panel -
it's faster, smaller and much less hassle.

Ben