Old January 9th 05, 04:37 AM
Noozer

"cil" wrote in message
Swapped out my old GeForce MMX440 with a new Gigabyte Radeon 9600XT,

powered
on PC, new card was detected by XP, XP loaded default MS Radeon drivers.

So
far, so good but when I tried to install ATI's Catalyst 4.12 driver, the
installation just stops, no error message, nada. . .
I got the card new off ebay, bulk card pack only, no install cd's. ATI's
website said MS .net required so I installed that first. . .

Two mistakes here...

1) Bought from eBay. Not necessarily bad, but not good when you have
problems. Hope you got a *GOOD* deal on it.

2) Did you clear out the old NVidia drivers first?