Old February 20th 05, 10:19 AM
massa

"Thagor" wrote in message
.. .
"massa" wrote in
:

"Thagor" wrote in message
.. .
"massa" wrote in
:

Hi!
I have just installed a new Gainward Ultra/2100LE GeForce 6800LE
card on my ASUS P4P800E Deluxe based PC and encountered a very
annoying problem. The card has an alarm buzzer for the card's
additional power supply which goes off as soon as I turn on the
switch on the power supply unit and keeps buzzing until pressing the
ATX power switch to start the PC. While the PC is running there are
no problems and the VGA card works great. If I shut down the PC the
alarm goes off again and buzzes until I turn off the switch on the
PSU. If I install the VGA card in my other PC with ASUS CUSL2
motherboard, there are no alarms when the PC is turned off.
Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution for it? Is
there a jumper setting to be changed on the motherboard or a BIOS
setting that will cure this?
All ideas are appreciated, thanks in advance

Mladen

Not sure what the buzzer is for but I would think it is a warning of
sorts. In this case, it would indicate a voltage supply problem when
the system is in "Shut Down" state. You may want to take a close look
at your ATX power supply.

I replaced the PSU with a new 480W Thermaltake, but still the same
problem

Well, you definitely took a look at it! Surely you have checked for
jumpers on the card and possible driver settings that would cause this so
I will yield further comments to those who have experience with this
card.

There are no jumpers on the card and the drivers are not loaded until the PC
is started, so it has to be a motherboard issue.
Thank you for your time