Old September 30th 03, 12:20 PM
Howard

On 29 Sep 2003 13:14:45 -0700, (Jon) wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I'm completely boggled why my two PSUs
dropping dead. I forgot to mention that after the PSUs die, the only
activity shown is the LED light on the motherboard. Besides the LED
light, there is no other activity when i press the on switch. I've
even let the computer rest a whole day before trying to turn it back
on but no luck. I also tried removing all the power cords attached to
the hard drive, cd drive, floppy .. and then reattaching them.

Maybe the LED is the AGP warning LED. Is it red?

I don't have the board, but I'm considering getting one - the manual
for it that I downloaded says:

"AGP Warning LED

Serving as a smart burn-out protection for the motherboard, this red
LED lights up if you plug in any 3.3v AGP card into the AGP slot.
When this LED is lit, there is no way you can turn on the system
power, even if you press the power button"

I wondered if this was relevant because you say that even with the
PSUs (apparently) not working, there is a LED lit on the motherboard.
That made me think maybe the PSUs are working, otherwise the LED might
not be getting some power. BUT, in an earlier post you say the system
failed during software installation, and if it had been the AGP
warning LED, you would not have got so far as installing any software.
Just an idea. Good luck, anyway.

regards

--
Howard

W95/W98/SE/ME/2K Experience with IrDA, PCs, and mobile phones at:
http://homepages.tesco.net/~hcsc/