Old September 29th 03, 09:14 PM
Jon

"Ben Pope" wrote in message ...
Jon wrote:
here is a letter i wrote to a company that sold me an asus7v8x-x
motherboard and an amd athlon xp 2600+ cpu .. does anyone have any
answers to the problem?

SNIP

Difficult to say really.. but it's unlikely to be PSU, unless they have a
bad batch, but most of these things should be tested and that sort of fault
would likely show up.

Not sure how the motherboard could kill the PSU. Did you try removing the
power cord from the PSU and trying again? Sometimes you need to remove the
cord as something latches to stop you from powering up (try unplugging hard
drives etc on the fly... on second thoughts don't!)

If it was a faulty motherboard, to that extent, it would likely not boot.

I suspect that it's the thermal cutout, did you try waiting a while before
turning it on again?

Unfortunately you have left us in a situation where we cannot help you,
becuase you have sent the components back...

Ben

Thank you for the reply. I'm completely boggled why my two PSUs
dropping dead. I forgot to mention that after the PSUs die, the only
activity shown is the LED light on the motherboard. Besides the LED
light, there is no other activity when i press the on switch. I've
even let the computer rest a whole day before trying to turn it back
on but no luck. I also tried removing all the power cords attached to
the hard drive, cd drive, floppy .. and then reattaching them.

-Jon-