Old September 29th 03, 03:45 AM
Jon

Default Please solve this Asus A7v8x-x Motherboard Problem

here is a letter i wrote to a company that sold me an asus7v8x-x
motherboard and an amd athlon xp 2600+ cpu .. does anyone have any
answers to the problem?

On September 13 I ordered an AMD Athlon XP 2600 CPU, Asus A7v8x-x
motherboard, ATX Mid-Case with a 350-watt power supply and front USB,
basic CPU fan, and thermal paste from SMK Internet Components. I
purchased a 1-year warranty along with the components. I received the
items on September 23.

The system I built with the items I ordered did not work. The
computer completely shut off during the installation of Microsoft
Windows. The computer did not respond when I pressed the power button
on the front of the computer case. I checked the wired connections on
the motherboard, but everything was correct according to the Asus
installation manual. I suspected a faulty power supply. The next day
I called SMK's technical support line and I was advised to replace the
power supply.

The new power supply I bought was very similar to the power supply I
ordered through SMK. The computer started after I connected the new
power supply. Once again, the computer shut off during the
installation of Microsoft Windows leaving me with another dead power
supply. I called SMK a second time and I was advised to send back the
computer components for testing and an exchange.

I suspect the problem could be a defective motherboard. I have sent
back all the components I have ordered for testing and an exchange
except for the thermal paste.

Please send me new and tested computer components that will work
properly and a Gigabyte 7VT600L motherboard instead of the Asus
A7v8x-x motherboard I had originally ordered.