Old July 24th 03, 12:45 AM
edde

Hmmm, no pops or clicks here

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
"edde" wrote in
:

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
"edde" wrote in
:

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
"edde" wrote in
news
Asus Post Reporter is output through your desktop speakers
connected to the soundcard

Does it only work with the internal soundcard or will it work with a
soundcard plugged into PCI as well?

Apparently it will only work with the onboard sound. Atleast that is
how is works with my A7N8x Deluxe. I'm quite sure it's the same with
the P4C800 boards too.
Good thing is, the A7N8X Deluxe Soundstorm is better than almost any
add in soundcard. The P4C800 Deluxe sound is supposed to be quite

good
too.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if the built-in sound is better because my friend has the
A7N8x Deluxe and the sound is worst than his SoundBlaster Live.

Most people agree that the onboard Soundstorm on the A7N8X Deluxe is

even
better than the Audigy 2 boards.

It might be better but then my friend who has the A7N8X Deluxe says he's
noticing like pops and clicks in the sound output. My Terratec

AudioSystem
EWS64XL is better than the Audigy2 as well but the only problem is it's in
the ISA form factor and it costed $600. I guess the Audigy2 Platinum eX
that I got is more for the I/O though. I think the Maudio cards are
probably the best ones now for PCI.

Cheers,
Vince