Old July 19th 03, 05:00 PM
John

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
"edde" wrote in
news
"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
Greetings:

5) I will be installing a Nvidia GeForceFX 5900 Ultra 256MB Video
card
which takes both the AGP slot and the PCI slot right under the AGP
due to the large heatsink, SoundBlaster Audigy2 Platinum eX
soundcard with IEEE-1394 firewire, and Adaptec Ultra320 SCSI Card
- will there be any issues with sharing resources with the
motherboards built-in devices?

am running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1, I was
wondering will the internal audio be disabled automatically or do
I have to manually disable it in the BIOS? Also, I remember
reading that motherboards made later than year 2000 allows more
than 16 IRQs in Windows with virtual IRQs, is that appliable to
this motherboard as well?

Yes, it will have more than 16 IRQ's

So it supports I/O APIC I think that's what it's called?

6) Does the ASUS Post Reporter output on the speaker connected to the
motherboard?

Asus Post Reporter is output through your desktop speakers connected
to the soundcard

Does it only work with the internal soundcard or will it work with a
soundcard plugged into PCI as well?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Vince

Thanks!

Cheers,
Vince

Don't lose any sleep over the post reporter. It's annoying, so you'll be
disabling it in the bios after a day or so.

You seem to have great components. Good luck to you.