Old August 16th 03, 06:26 PM
JAD

Simple math m8, here in Oz, and these prices are boxed CPUs, with *perfectly
adequate* stock cooling, taken from a single reputable supplier:

Celeron 2.2Ghz AUD$137
AthlonXP 2200+ AUD$143

told ya

"Davek" wrote in message
I'm retiring in a few days and my wife & children are
encouraging me build my dream computer as a retirement gift.

For months now I've read reviews and also been a part of
these news groups (and posted a number of questions that
you've all been very kind to patiently answer). Right now
I'm getting ready to finally order the components to build
the "Dream Machine" and try to get the
most-bang-for-the-buck. Would you mind looking over the
components and let me know if you have any suggestions or
comments on the items? It would be especially helpful to
know if you've had problems with any of these components.
This will be my home computer that's used for work and play.
I use my computer for programming, web application
development, gaming, DVD & music, school homework (I attend
the local college as an applied computer science major). TIA.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8KNXP, Intel 875P
Case: (I built my own case from scratch)
Monitor: Samsung LCD 191T (Black) 19" LCD Retail
Processor: Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz 512k 800 MHz FSB - RETAIL
HSF: Zalman CNPS7000-Cu Pure Copper CPU Cooler
Video: SAPPHIRE RADEON 9800 128MB Non Pro DVI/TV 8X
Sound: VOYETRA TURTLE BEACH SANTA CRUZ - OEM

RAM: CORSAIR XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack)
1GB(2 x 512MB) 2x(64MX64) PC-3200C2PT With Platinum - Silver
Heat Spreaders. Retail

HDD's: 2 - Western Digital 120GB SATA WD1200JD 7,200 RPM 8MB
Hard Drive OEM

FDD: (forgive me, I'm an "old geezer" who still likes having
a floppy drive :-)
SAMSUNG 1.44MB BLACK FLOPPY DRIVE Model# SFD321B/LBL - OEM

Power Supply: Antec 480W Power Supply TRUE480

DVD burner: Plextor DVD+R/RW IDE Drive Model PX-504A-SW Retail

CDRW: PLEXTOR Black PX-W4824TA/SW-BL/ 48x24x48 CD-RW - RETAIL

Speakers: Monsoon MM-2000 5 PC Flat Panel Speaker System

Laser Printer: Samsung ML-1710 Laser Printer
Photo Printer: Canon i850 Bubble Jet Photo Printer - RETAIL
Scanner: Canon CanoScan 5000F USB Flatbed Scanner - RETAIL
Camera: CANON PowerShot S400 4.0MP Digital Camera Retail

Memory card reader: USB-2 FLASH 6-1 RDR IWILL Model CR620
Retail 6-in-1 Memory Card Reader/Writer

Compact flash card: Dane-Elec 256MB COMPACT FLASH
COMPACTFLASH MEMORY CARD TYPE I - RETAIL

UPS: Belkin 1200VA UPS

Router: Linksys BEFSX41 Broadband EtherFast Cable/DSL
Firewall Router with 4-Port Switch/VPN - RETAIL

TIA
- Dave Kistner