Old August 16th 03, 09:00 AM
Sir Pudgie

| most-bang-for-the-buck whenever you say this here, (pc-homebuilt)
the
| AMD'rs will pounce....its like their slogan ;^)
|
| Simple fact of the matter is, that at this point in time, it's true!
;-)

If it is true, I can't see it. Need too much extra cooling etc.

Simple math m8, here in Oz, and these prices are boxed CPUs, with *perfectly
adequate* stock cooling, taken from a single reputable supplier:

Celeron 2.2Ghz AUD$137
AthlonXP 2200+ AUD$143

Now, be objective about this, which of the above do you think would be the
better performer? ;-)

Then again, if you want the lowest spec'd P4, the 2.4Ghz, you'll have to
shell out AUD$331 at the same place. Now, do you honestly think the P4's
performance will be more than twice that of the Athlon, or the Celeron for
that matter, commensurate with it's price??? :-)

Look, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Intel processors, or that
they don't have the higher-end performance market licked, but it's an
undeniable fact that for entry-level, bang-for-buck stuff the ball's still
in AMD's court! Do the math! ;-)