Old August 11th 06, 01:05 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gonzo

Default Nvidia GeForce 7600GS finally out for AGP

"Larry Roberts" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 23:09:02 GMT, "Gonzo"
wrote:

Is this a DirX 10 card? If not, why would we waste our money on an
overpriced soon to be obsolete card?

So any card purchased today is a waste?

Not if you are running maybe a DX8 card now I guess. For me it would
because I have a X600Pro PCIe card.

But If I had an ancient DX8 card, I could get say a brand new ATi X1300
based PCIe card with 256megs for around $78-$80 off ebay right now that
might be a better cheap alternative until the 6-12month wait for Vista is
over.

Most of us hardcorp games know that within 12months we will want Vista and
the first batch of Dx10 games like Crysis so with that in mind I am holding
on to my cash for a Dx10 compliant card. But that's just me.