Old August 10th 06, 09:07 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
wgd

Default Nvidia GeForce 7600GS finally out for AGP

In article .com,
says...
wrote:

As far as I'm aware there are no DX10 cards today. In any case, why
would anyone in their right mind install Vista on an AGP machine?

Are you telling me a PC with 1GB of RAM, a 3.0GHz CPU, a 250GB
HDD, a 7600GS 256MB GPU will not be enough to run "Vista" with
quality including playing games? Do you need more?
And what percentage of PC Gamers do you think have better than
this?
So only cause the GPU is connected to a AGP 8x bus instead of
a PCI-E bus will you say its not suitable for "Vista"?
Are you telling me "Vista" requires a PCI-E bus?
So are you telling us someone with the above system should throw
away their PC out and buy a new one only cause it has a AGP bus?

Don't worry. Your system will run Vista just fine. I'm running Vista Beta
2 right now with a 7600GS. It runs the Vista Aero Glass UI perfectly and
the games I've tried so far.

Vista hardware requirements are nothing special. The main thing you need
is at least 1 GB memory (for decent performance) and a DirectX9 video card
which supports shader model 2.0 for Aero Glass.