Old August 10th 06, 03:50 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Larry Roberts

Default Nvidia GeForce 7600GS finally out for AGP

On 10 Aug 2006 01:47:49 -0700, "pc games"

But most people don't consider 640x80 at 10fps to be 'running' a game.

If you have the money buy a 7800GS, but like I said not everyone
has 300 plus euro to spend on a GPU.

But please tell me any game currently available that only can runs
in 640x480 at 10fps when using a 7600GS?
There is NONE! ZERO! and you know it very well.
Ok I understand you are a high-end PC Gamer that likes to run
games at maximum detail but some cant afford it.
This (WRONG) notion that only with max detail and max resolution
can you enjoy PC Games is incorrect.
So please I understand you want and your choice is high-end HW
but that is not the ONLY choice for PC Gamers.
PC Gamers have lots of choices and everyone should be included.
Budget PC Gamers can play games and can use a 7600GS for it and
will certainly not have to run ANY GAME in 640x480 at 10fps.
I bet there is no game currently in the market that need to run
bellow 800x600 in a 7600GS.
Even the demanding Oblivion runs very well in a 7600GS so again
why are you giving wrong information

Your right about that. All benchmarks I see nowadays don't
include 1024x768 resolution anymore. They start higher. Most budget
gamers are fine running their games at 1024x768. At that resolution, a
current mid-range card can run anything out now, and probably through
next year smoothly. That's with AA, and AF on. Only the low-end (X300,
X1300, and 6200, & 7300) might need to be knocked down 800x600 with no
AA, and AF to get decent frame rates with new titles.
I have an Athlon XP 3000+ with 1GB DDR400, and a 6600GT.
Running it at 1024x768 with reduced eye candy for new titles, it's
able to handle anything out at nice, playable speeds. My "new for me"
Athlon64 3800+ Venice with a 7600GT can run all new titles with maxed
eye candy at 1024x768 with nice frame rates.. The 7600GT is nothing to
"sneeze" at, and I doubt the 7600GS AGP is not much less of a
performer. I'm waiting to see if Leadtek releases the 7600GT AGP here
in the US. That would be a nice card for an older AGP system at a
nicer price than a 7800GS.