View Single Post
Old September 3rd 04, 02:05 AM
external usenet poster
Posts: n/a

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:22:43 GMT, "Noozer"

Gonna be a dumb question, but I need to make some custom case jumpers and
LED cables.

What do you call the black plastic bit, and the pins that go into it? What
kind of tool is used to crimp the wires onto the pins?

Any ideas where I could pick up these parts and tool? I'm in Calgary, Canada
so local is best, but it's slim pickin's around here for electronics.


pin sockets, inserts (or crimp terminals), and don't forget to
specify the spacing you need for the pins (.100 centers).

No idea about where to go in Canada, you may be forced to order
them online. If you have a local mom-n-pop computer shop nearby
you might find they're throwing away old cases with these parts
ready to cannibalize.