Old July 27th 04, 11:02 PM
CapFusion

"JI" wrote in message
Thanks. My BIOS does not give me the option to turn off onboard video(at
least it doesn't say "on board video" or any other on/off option). The PCI
idea came from the MoBo mfg.?

Ok.... so you can not turn of your Onboard VGA. I still do not have a sense
if it a AGP or PCI type.
Assume it a AGP card, try setting your intialization or startup as PCI.
While your PC is booting up and seem to stop. Can you check by attach to
onboard VGA or the MX440-8x card to see if there any display? If both
monitor seem to be blank, then check if there a cursor blinking from a upper
left corner or so?

Also have you check if there a jumper on the MoBo to disable the onboard
VGA?
Also check if there any BIOS update to allow automatic disable feature from
the new update BIOS.

CapFusion,....