Old April 22nd 04, 11:51 PM
Nikolaos Tampakis

Regal wrote:
Nikolaos Tampakis wrote:

You are right. The mobo is far too old. I think it may
destined for the trash sometime soon.

Although it has no cash value, I had originally wanted to use
the mobo in a machine to get on the net when my main machine
was down.

Why not just invest in a cheap ATA100/133 PCI card then? A
second-hand one in particular would sell for next to nothing.
Both promise and highpoint have issued BIOS updates which add
48bit LBA support for their range of products AFAIK.

Are there any new mobos around nowadays for Intel's "Slot One" cpu?

New in condition maybe, from leftover stock, but I doubt they've been
produced in years. AFAIK intel's latest were i820/i840 boards and on the
VIA side it was boards with the Apollo Pro 133A, and this was like 3,5
years ago.

Regards
Nikos