Old July 12th 03, 07:38 PM
Danny Deger

"Eddie W. Stroud" wrote in message
I don't quite understand some of your comments. As the DVI output, are you
referring to the connection of your computer to your computer monitor? I
thought all Sony's have an IEEE-1394 Firewire port. That's what I would

want
to output video back to a camcorder. The VGA/DVI port issue would be
irrelevant as to getting video to a DVD-RW burner. Playing a DVD is

another
matter.

A lot of articles would consider DVD-RW to be more compatible than DVD+RW.
Check www.dvdrhelp.com. They have some compatibility lists, yours might be
included.

It doesn't seem to me that your video card is too critical in the
capture/creation of DVD process, only in playing video on your computer.

If
you plan to watch DVD's on your Emerson player, it might not make much
difference.

Ed

The computer has a firewire, which I will use to go from camcorder to
computer. The DVI is to get from the computer to the monitor. The computer
doesn't have one, it has only a VGA. I spent extra to get a monitor and a
cable for DVI, but my monitor also has VGA. Will I loose quality to go back
to VGA vs. DVI from my computer to my monitor.

Thanks for you reply. Your comment on DVD-RW vs. DVD+RW was very
enlightening. I will research this further.

Danny Deger