Old August 24th 04, 04:11 PM
Matt

but doesn't this one just have a standard USB input on the back? I need
the same sort of input found on a motherboard... just the bare pins

"David Maynard" wrote in message
Matt wrote:

A friend of mine gave me his old internal 7 in 1 card reader but my

Dell
doesn't have an internal USB 4 pin plug. Is there an adapter that

will
take the flat 4 pin female plug from the reader to a normal USB

plug? I
tried to find a USB controller card with an internal plug like the

one
on a mobo but apparently they don't exist (or I just don't know

where to
look), all I can seem to find are ones with a normal USB plug.

http://www.pricewatch.com

search string... USB controller card internal

First hit,

ETT (Controller Cards)

Details:
-(4 external and 2 internal) 2 Extra Internal USB port that connects

Front Case Panel

Except they lie about it. The one they describe costs 'extra'.

Still, it's $7.99 (free shipping), plus whatever other options, like

"full
retail" being another $1.99, you want.

http://www.dvcentury.com/Merchant2/m...y_Code=USBCard