Old January 6th 05, 03:25 AM
First of One

Then again, all P3 and P4 CPUs, all Athlon64s (and I believe all FX5900 and
later video cards) have thermal shutdown protection. Eventually the fan
won't be as mission-critical as it is now.

"dvus" wrote in message
I believe in using quality parts when protecting something as pricey as a
CPU or GPU and will search out good fans when I try this mod. Stuff like
ball-bearing fans aren't really easy to find locally so I may have to

resort
to getting them on-line. I've had the fan sieze on a video card before and
the result was corrupted graphics but cleaning it up and lubing the

bearing
seemed to bring it back to life. I only have myself to blame however, as I
used to smoke around the computer. I've since cut that out.

--
dvus