Old October 4th 04, 03:01 PM
Inglo

On 10/3/2004 9:00 PM Griffin McKorn brightened our day with:

One thing I often wondered is why some console games never make it to
the PC market. From what I understand console games are coded on a PC.
Also, aren't most of the modern console boxes equipped with Intel
processors as well as modern video card chipsets? My friends all have
consoles,well Xbox's anyway, and I've noticed that alot of cool games
coded for consoles aren't ported to the PC.

Just looking for some info regarding the process.

Thanks.

Haven't you noticed how crappy some of the console ports end up being.
It's not easy and it's hard to get it right, so it ends up not being
worth the money.
There are an awful lot of good games that end up on both XBox and PC:
Halo, SWKoToR, Deus Ex: IW, BloodRayne, Return of the King, Max Payne
1&2 and Prince of Persia. Those are all games that I've played on both,
and except for Halo and RoTK, I think all were designed with both in mind.
That's the key to success on both platforms, dual development. Games
that are designed specifically for one platform and then are ported over
are usually not as good.

--
"...forged but accurate."

Steve ¤ģIngloĢ¤