Old November 17th 08, 07:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
W????n S.

Default SLI power questions

Not that bad really.

Thanks.
"John" wrote in message
mmmmm The whole set up at the time I got it was a little over $2000 about
year and a half now. I just got the 2nd video card from e-bay. @ time I
couldn't spend the extra 500 bucks for the 2nd card. I shoved everything
in a old antec server case. This set up now I bet would all most be cut by
30 % in cost.......lol got to love it.
"John" wrote in message
My set up is this
O/S Vista 32 sp1 all hot fixes
CPU AMD 6000+ 3.0
M/B ASUS Crosshair
Ram Corsair xm2 DDR2 800 4 gigs (4 sticks 1 gig each )
PSU Corsair 620HX
Cards 2 same Foxconn o/c 8800GTX in SLI
Drives 2 Seagate Barracudas in raid 0
Optical 2 dvd writers
Fans 6 case fans running 100%
Display 24" V7
Drivers are all up to date. SLI enabled in ntune.
Bios is up to date on M/B

Ok question is this.:

I have each card hooked up to the PSU with it's own cord. No other items
draw power off of them. I was wondering is this PSU is enough to power
them. I have played COD4 max setting 1920 x 1200 and get 70-91 average in
multiplayer with about 24 players total( these fps are in game not
fraps). I do see drops to 50 when moving around from time to time. I
played for about a hour and I haven't had any restarts or glitches. I was
told that my FPS should stay in the 91. I was told my PSU can run them
but not correctly. Can any one give some feed back if my system could run
these cards good. I just installed the second card last week. Crysis FPS
is about 35 with settings 1920 x 1200 2x anti and Gamer settings.