Old January 29th 07, 03:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Edward

Default VIVO won't capture correctly after a minute?

On Jan 29, 2:34 am, "Phil Weldon" wrote:
'Edward' wrote, in part:
| This didn't happen with my crappy little USB video capture - I think
| it was made by IREZ or something.
|
| I'll check the system monitor andlet you know.
_____

Try 'Process Explorer' (free athttp://www.sysinternals.com). 'Process
Explorer' will give you much more detail. The capture aids in VIVO cards do
not have hardware encoders... it very well may be that your USB capture
device had a hardware encoder, and thus gave better quality. You haven't
said what kind of compression and encoding you use with your VIVO, but
'Process Explorer' will show the bottleneck.

I was doing this for You tube... so the 300 line capture device was
fine. now I want to encode some old 8mm videos to DVD - hence I need
better quality.

I think it only happens with WIndows Movie Maker. I tried Virtualdub
with no compression and it appeared to work. I was runing late this
morning, so I had to check it and haul ass out the door. I hate my
job.
It was easier to capture uwing Moviemaker because it would compress it
ont he fly and I wouldn't have to import the video to You Tube it.
As we all know, once I have the HUGE uncompressed video, compressing
it into something else can take a looooooooong time. I wanted to
avoid that step. My end results were good enough for Youtube. When I
to to cap the 8mm video? I'll use Virtualdub with no compression. I
have a 30GB hard drive.
Now being able to capture with VD at full NTSC resolution... (720x480
that's going to be a problem. I don't think VD can do that.