Old January 29th 07, 06:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Edward

Default VIVO won't capture correctly after a minute?

On Jan 29, 1:01 am, Paul wrote:
Edward wrote:
When trying to capture video from an analog source, through the
composite or S-video ports, it starts dropping frames and slowing
down.
I know my PC is powerful enough with a 3.4 Ghz Pensium and a gig of
ram. Even if I reduce the wuality to 300 lines its still crappy. I
am using version 4.13 of the WDM driver with the same results.
My video card is an MSI GF7600gt.

What's going on?If you preview without capturing, is there still a problem ?

If you capture without a preview window being present, does it drop frames ?

Are there any messages in Event Viewer ? Any error messages ?

If you open up Task Manager with ctrl-alt-delete and use the
Performance tab, is there anything strange you see there,
while previewing and capturing ?

The time period of a minute, suggests RAM is
exhausted. And that is why I want you to look at the
Performance tab, just to see if there is anything
visibly bad there.

Paul

That's what I was thinking - RAM.
But why would it happen even when I cap at 320? that shoul dbarely
take up any RAM at all.

This didn't happen with my crappy little USB video capture - I think
it was made by IREZ or something.

I'll check the system monitor andlet you know.