Old October 8th 06, 05:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
XS11E

Default loud fan trouble with HP D330 Tower desktop computer

Tim923 wrote in
news
XS11E wrote:
Good, I hope that fixes it!

If the inside of a computer stays clean, how long should a CPU fan
last? I don't remember this problem with my other computers.

There's no way to tell. Just plain luck says some will last for years
and others for only weeks. You're dealing with a very inexpensive
component manufactured in quantities of thousands, some will be good, a
few will be bad and a few will be GREAT!

I've only had two fans fail, a power supply fan a couple of years back
and a CPU fan also years ago. I've been plagued with one case fan
that's noisy but if I rap the case it quiets down and stays quiet. I
think maybe the fan is slightly out of balance and it's making
something rattle? It's been making noise every couple of weeks when I
power up and I've been slapping the case when it does for over a year
now and it's still running fine but I keep an eye on it....