Old October 7th 06, 04:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
XS11E

Default loud fan trouble with HP D330 Tower desktop computer

Tim923 wrote in
:

XS11E wrote:
Is this fan on the front or rear of the case? You should be able
to remove it either way, the plastic cover that holds the fan
should unsnap from the case, if it's on the front of the case you
might have to remove the front panel, if on the rear there may be
some screws holding it.

Thanks for the quick response. I won't work on it tonight, but
soon. I'll let you know if there is trouble. The fan is in the
back-right when the computer lies horizontal, or back-top when
vertical.

Here are the pics of the fan. The flash was bright.
http://www.geocities.com/tim_schmits/fan1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/tim_schmits/fan2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/tim_schmits/fan3.jpg

OK, that appears to be the fan that cools the CPU, if so it is probably
removeable and I think I'd replace it if possible.