Old April 25th 06, 06:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Presario 705EA won't power on (power LED is on).

First verify that the charger is working with
a voltmeter and load.
Verify that the power connector on the laptop
is OK--Is the center pin wobbly
--What is the resistance between ground and center pin
--If the above is ok
--Is there current draw with the charger

"Softlion" wrote in message
Hi,
I have the issue described here at step 4 (last bullet, which ends with
See Using a Certified HP Service Center to Repair a Notebook PC):
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00259897

I want to repair it myself: what part is bad and should be changed ?
(I already changed the screen myself).
Where can I get the Service Center internal documentation for this compaq
?
It is a Presario 705EA.

Description :
The notebook battery is now discharged, will not power on the notebook,
and it will not hold a charge
(the battery indicator light on the notebook always blinks orange).
When the AC adapter is plugged (with or without the discharged battery),
the power LED is on, but the notebook PC does not power on.
When the battery was still charged, the notebook powered on correctly
(only with the battery).

Any idea ?
(without service center, thanks)