Old April 10th 06, 04:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default Gigabyte GA-7n400 Pro 2 Rev2 won't recognise keyboard and gives no error

"Netty" wrote in message

I have a Gigabyte GA-7n400 Pro 2 Rev. 2 and decided to put some more
memory in it. I installed 2 x 512mb sitcks into slots 3 & 4 but on boot
up this was not being recognised and Dual DDR was no longer being
enabled.

I removed the new memory sticks and went back to my old configuration
and now the keyboard is not being recognised on boot up and when it
gets to the page where Windows XP should load I get a series of beeps
and a black screen!

I've tried running it barebones and still the same!

I'm using Elixir DDR400 memory, 120GB Maxtor HD, NVidia MX440 128MB
graphics card and a DVD ROM.

It was working perfectly before the memory install (though I did have
intial teething problems with IDE 1 which an upgrade of bios cured) and
was also running on a RAID 0 Array.

I have tried everything and even a USB keyboard but because I disabled
USB keyboard support in the BIOS and I can't get back into it I'm
stumped!

I'd appreciate some help or advice if possible! :-)

I also have a GA-7VAX-A which is giving me an NTLDR error on boot up
and that's not recognising the keyboard for me to get into the BIOS
either!

--
Netty

I always have to look this up because it appears to be unique to this board.

To use four modules, both DIMM 3 and DIMM 4 must be single sided sticks.
Page 19 in the manual. I do not recall hearing from any one that got this
board to 2G at 400MHz in Dual Channel.

The beep codes are on page 95 for the Award BIOS. Maybe you have to reseat
the video card.