Old April 4th 06, 09:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Too low res with driver for grahics card NIVIDIA TNT2 Model 64

"mike" wrote in
ups.com:
I installed a new version of my graphics card ( NIVIDIA TNT Model 64)
since the old did not support directx9.c
After removal of old driver and install of the new driver, that
supports my graphics card,( ForceWare version: 71:84) the only
resolution for my screen (LG Flatron L1710S max:1280x1024) that I can
set is 640x480 which is not very nice since icons are too big.

Stuck in 640x480 mode like that almost always means that something
went seriously wrong with your driver install, and windows fell back
to using the generic VGA driver it has built in. You need to uninstall
the old driver and run a driver cleaner program to clean out as much
as possible, before trying to reinstall the driver. Worst case, you
may need to reinstall windows to fix what is failing.

-chris