Old February 10th 06, 04:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default 64 bit your opinions please...

While 64-bit software is still somewhat scarce, it will come faster once
Vista is released.

By the way, I bought now because I wanted more power, and so I would be
ready for Vista when it gets released this summer (I hope).

But Bill that is exactly my point... the complete package is NOT here
We will always be waiting for something in the the future to come to
complete the package we bought in the past.. you cant buy it NOW
... and when the stuff from the future gets here ... its different some
how so we must wait again to complete THAT package

Poorly informed individuals like yourself said the same thing about
32-bit processors years ago.

What , how the 386 came out in 1990 and microsoft milked the cash cow
until 32bit XP came out 10 years later, Nah , didnt enter my head

and your 32bit stuff will actually run slower on it

Have you been drinking or doing drugs tonight?

32bit software will have to be emulated on a 64bit machine with a 64bit
OS... so it cant be as fast as running 32bit software on native 32bit
hardware or 64bit software on 64bit hardware