Old January 19th 06, 08:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default athlon 3200 64 bit

"andy pandy" andy wrote in message
hi
i have just bought a athlon 3200 64 bit computer from our local computer
fair, i try to know a bit about computers but am not sure about this:-in

my
syste folder it states it is a 3200 64 bit but it is only showing 800MHz
surley this is not right?
also i can not get into my bios as they have password protected it.
any views welcome
andy

Your hardware may be working ok but if it were my computer, the least
I would want is control over it and without being able to get into the bios,
that's not right. Go to the manufacturers website and find the motherboard
and determine how to reset the bios back to factory specs. This should
clean out he password so you could if you want put in another one.

Usually involves removing the battery and resetting a jumper.

later,
charles....