Old January 19th 06, 08:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default athlon 3200 64 bit

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:06:10 +0000, andy pandy wrote:

hi
i have just bought a athlon 3200 64 bit computer from our local computer
fair, i try to know a bit about computers but am not sure about this:-in my
syste folder it states it is a 3200 64 bit but it is only showing 800MHz
surley this is not right?
also i can not get into my bios as they have password protected it.
any views welcome
andy

It's right. The Athlon 64 has a feature called Cool and Quiet which allows
the clock speed to be reduced when the CPU is lightly loaded, the clock is
scalable between 800MHz and 2GHz on your part.