Old January 16th 06, 02:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default FX5500 or TI4200

http://techreport.com/etc/comparo/graphics/

Unfortunately, this doesn't include the 5500.

At a guess, the 4200 and the 5500 would be roughly comparable. It wouldn't
be much of a performance upgrade, but the 5500 would support DirectX 9
features in hardware. (Games that require DX9 might want a faster card,
though. If you're not interested in games, the upgrade might be pointless.)

I agree that a 6600GT would be a significant upgrade. Unfortunately, such
cards are not inexpensive. (www.newegg.com has a couple of AGP 6600GT models
for less than $120US plus approx. $5 shipping, but they both involve
rebates.)

"Silent Warrior" wrote in message
I currently have a TI4200 video card. Would a FX5500 but a noticeable
upgrade?