Old December 19th 05, 02:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 6600GT distortion

Tried your fix but no luck. I'm convinced the card is flakey. I failed to
mention I had the same symptoms on a CRT and LCD using both digital and
analog inputs on the LCD (ViewSonic VP191b). I filled out a problem form
for MSI and will FAX it over today to see what they can do for me. First
time in 20 years I had a bad video card. NVIDIA based cards always seemed
to be pretty dependable.

"Highlandish" wrote in message
Quoth The Raven; JimboG in

I have an MSI card in a MSI GA-K8N MB, latest drivers, etc. The
cursor has some distortion around it in a roughly rectangular shape. Also
there can be some latent images on the desktop after an area has
been clicked on. I thought I saw a card setting that could be
adjusted to resolve this but I haven't found anything on the NVIDIA
or MSI site. Ideas or support links? Thanks.

more info is needed, however I suspect that is a monitor "NVIDIA direct
access" feature changing your resolution/refresh rate out of the monitors
abilities if the function has incorrectly found your monitor. you can use
the below fix even if this doesn't turn out to be the problem, this is a
beta feature included in the latest drivers and doesn't have any real use
to people right now (it allows you to set monitor features via a GUI
rather than the buttons on the monitor)

the fix:

NVIDIA Direct Access is a new feature of forceware 8x.xx that allows to
control monitor settings within the drivers control panel. Unfortunately
it's bugged and causes lots of problems to some users because every time
the
driver control panel is accessed it resets the monitor configs to
defaults.

For all those who have troubles with NVIDIA Direct Access resetting the
monitor config, here is a simple fix...

After installing the drivers go in Windows\System32 and delete/rename the
following files:

nvmccs.dll
nvmccsrs.dll

...and the NVIDIA Direct Access will be history.

--
Remove the _CURSEING to reply to me

There are two kinds of women in the world - The ones who like
chocolate.... and.... Complete bitches - Dawn French