Old November 17th 05, 05:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default XFX 6800 replaces sapphire 9800 pro 128

"" wrote:
Is it worth it to do this upgrade? Im not ready to jump to
next puter with
pci E.

Lew/+Silat

p4 northwood 2.8 800fsb
1 gig ram
430 power

Speaking from experience, I have to say that if you are sticking with
agp for now, the 6800gt with 256 megs of ram is the way to go. If you
can find one, get the Leadtek brand, it has a huge heat sink on it,
sort of like the ultra(but for 200 bucks less), and allowing you to
overclock the thing past ultra speeds. I got lucky and bought mine
from newegg just before they sold out. But any other brand is good
too, you might want to buy a heatsink with it though...

I can run F.E.A.R. and hl2 with all settings maxed and no lag at
all. I don’t really see a need to dump everything and goto PCI-EXP
right. Kind of annoying really IMO that they are forcing people to go
with PCI-Exp which doesn’t seem to have any real benefit at the
moment, other than being able to use a 7800 card and sli. I don’t
know, by the time the 6800 doesn’t cut it, the 7800’s problem won’t
either, and there will be something with 64 pipelines, 2000 meghz, ram
(1 gig worth), etc...

Okay, I’m rambling on...so yeah get a 6800gt, mine was about 280.00
bucks from newegg, not a bad deal...

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/XFX-68...pict64678.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=324376