Old November 7th 05, 07:31 PM
Chip Borton

Default cant install latest drivers, get "cannot be unpacked" message

deimos wrote:

Try a download manager to rule out any quirk with your browser or settings:

http://www.leechget.net/en/
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Just to follow up, I tried the one from leechget, i liked it.
However, I was still getting the error message.
So I hopped up to symantec and downloaded the Norton Internet Security
2006 14 day trial and ran that ... nothing found there.
Next step was formatting and reloading windows x64, now the nvidia
driver files worked just fine. hmmmmmm....
So maybe I had some kind of virus that norton coudnt find. I have been
reading a little on rootkit's, could it be possible that i had some
type of rootkit virus? Those things look really scary.
Anyways, all is well for the moment, thanks for your help .